UK Weather is one of the most popular topics of conversation in the country mainly because it is so changeable.However The UK is a great area for a yacht charter and being prepared for the weather enhances the enjoyment and safety of the experience.
Having sailed both Sailing Yachts and Motor Yachts in all of the seasons I have developed my favourite sources of Weather information.
- The Shipping Forecast is issued four times a day and covers the following 24 hours. Gale Warnings are issued as necessary for winds of Gale force 8 or more and are also shown on the Shipping Forecast.
- Forecast for up to twelve miles offshore.
- Just select your required location for winds and weather up to seven days.
- Move cursor over your location for six day forecast. Click for more information.
- Live Report with history.
- Synoptic charts for the North Atlantic Including UK and the Western Mediterranean.
- This shows coloured Synoptic Charts one one page for the next seven days.
- Anywhere in the world for the next 7 days free.
- 7-day Wind, Wave and Weather Forecasts to help sailors with their passage planning and weather routing.